Good Connection Limited (“we” or “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We have made it simple for you to post information and materials on the website at www.goodconnection.co.uk (“The Site”) and to share your information with other people. One of the benefits of The Site is that you exercise a great deal of control over what information is visible to others, and it is up to you to decide how much of your information and materials you are prepared to share with others.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller is Good Connection Limited. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 06795578 and have our registered office at Chenies Okewood Hill, Nr Ockley, Dorking, Surrey, United Kingdom RH5 5NB.
- The Site is a multi-profile ethical portal and one of its primary purposes is to allow Users to voluntarily post information, materials and content on The Site for the purposes of sharing with others for various means. As such Users are in a position to control what information is posted on The Site and we have designed The Site to provide Users with a high degree of control and security over their own data.
- INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
- When you register to use the Service (as defined in the User Agreement) at The Site you provide us with the following information:
- Name, Email, Date of Birth and Postcode.
- We will also ask you for other information for security purposes to help ensure your privacy whilst using the service and to protect the security of The Site.
- You may add other information about yourself such as activities, interests etc.
- In addition, at other times, we may also ask you for information, for example when you enter a promotion on The Site, or if you report a problem with The Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and information provided by you so as to help us accurately categorise and reply to a User’s enquiry.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys which we use for research purposes, although you do not have to complete or respond to them.
- Standard details of any transactions you carry out through The Site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to The Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Details of any third party contact information you may provide to us (for example friend’s email address) for the sole purpose of inviting to the Service.
- USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from The Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer. (Information you have provided might be used to enhance or customise your experience on The Site. For example, when you login to your account, new Users/contacts relevant to your network could be shown.)
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- WE will not use your information or permit selected third parties to use your information without your approval, and only then for the purposes of providing you with information about promotions or goods and services which may be of interest to you.
- We take the privacy of Users very seriously. We would never sell, rent, or otherwise give your personally identifiable information to third parties for marketing purposes. We will only provide your personally identifiable information to third parties where you have instructed us to do so or to provide specific services of information. For example, if we use a credit card processing company to invoice Users for any fees, we may have to provide personally identifiable information, but such third parties do not retain, share or store any personally identifiable information except to provide their services. They are under confidentiality agreements which will serve to limit their use of your personally identifiable information.
- Other than as set out in this paragraph 3 we do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers or other third parties, but we may provide them with aggregate information about Users (for example, we may inform them that a certain number of men aged over 40 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers offer relevant products to certain segments (for example, women in South London, men over 45 etc.). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience. Please see paragraphs 6 and 7 below for more detail.
- We will communicate with you through email and through messages posted on The Site or through other methods available through the Service, including text and other forms of messaging. You may have to pay the service fees charged by the provider with whom you have a mobile communications subscription or other telecommunications provider including text messaging charges for messages to your mobile device.
- We will send you an email on certain occasions for example when another User wishes to contact you in accordance with the Service.
- If you post a message on your Board, via Bulletin, or on one of the blogs within The Site, or if you send a private in-site email, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you choose to provide can be read, collected or used by other Users and possibly by other third parties, and might be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
- If you email a non-user through the Service your email address and name will be disclosed to recipient. Such emails may also provide aggregate information about your network. Other communications that you start through The Site, such as a request for contact, will list your name but will not include your personal contact information. Such information will only be shared with another User if both of you have indicated that you would like to establish contact with each other.
- OTHER DISCLOSURES OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets in accordance with standard business practices.
- If Good Connection Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our User Agreement and any other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Good Connection Limited, our Users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- ACCESS TO INFORMATION
- The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- YOUR RIGHTS
- You have the right to access, modify, correct and delete the data about you which has been collected pursuant to your decision to become a User. We might, notwithstanding a change in the information by you, keep a copy of the original information provided by you.
- The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
- For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve The Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise The Site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to The Site.
- It is sometimes necessary to include a file called a web beacon within pages served by us so that the said ad networks can provide anonymous aggregate auditing, research and reporting for certain advertisers, and to target advertisements to you on other websites. In other words, beacons are used by us for research purposes on behalf of certain partners for data purposes to facilitate targeted advertising.
- You may opt-out of the use of web beacons in The Site’s pages that you view and you may also opt-out of the placement of a cookie by third party advertising networks in your browser. If you do opt out you might lose the benefit of targeted advertising which may be of interest to you.
- Pursuant to the communications standards on the internet, it is usual when you visit The Site for us to receive the URL of the website from which you came and the website to which you are going when you leave The Site. We also receive the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer or the proxy server you use to access the internet, your computer operating system and the type of web browser you are using, email patterns, as well as the name of your internet service provider. This information might be used to analyse overall trends to help us improve our service. The link between your IP address and your personally identifiable information is not shared with third parties without your permission unless required by law.
- WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of The Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet can never be guaranteed as 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to The Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Sign up for free
Start making a difference to the causes you care about.